- Earlier in the week, The Post reported a rumor earlier this week that J.Crew president Jenna Lyons wold be divorcing artist Vincent Mazeau as she “has fallen in love with another woman who also works in the fashion business“. Insiders have since revealed said woman to be Courtney Crangi, the sister-slash-business partner of jewelry designer Philip Crangi.
“After the breakup, Jenna fell in love with Courtney, whom she had been friends with for some time. They’ve known each other for years through the fashion business. Courtney is an attractive blonde who balances working hard with her family.”
– An un-named source
- Karl Lagerfeld has tapped Carine Roitfeld to style Chanel‘s upcoming campaign for Spring/Summer 2012! According to Uncle Karl, the shoot is “all about athletics and the sea…it’s very modern sportif and in black-and-white”.
- Former reality TV star/author/fashion designer/(I’ve missed something, I’m sure) Lauren Conrad has decided to follow her latest venture, beauty blog thebeautydepartment.com, with a beauty book. The appropriately named tome – “Lauren Conrad Beauty” – is sure to be a huge hit.
- TV chef Paula Deen is said to be cooking up a clothing line (pun intended). You know what they say, after butter-flavored lip balm comes couture.
- At its biannual board meeting this week, the CFDA elected award-winners Marc Jacobs and Proenza Schouler‘s Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez to join their board! Congratulations, boys! At the same time, Nicole Miller, John Bartlett, and Richard Lambertson all left the board.
- Rumours are a-spinning that Gisele may have shot Givenchy‘s latest campaign, which would mark the first time since Fall/Winter 2007 that Mariacarla Boscono wouldn’t front a Givenchy campaign. After closing their Spring/Summer 2012 show and male model Noah Mills tweeting that he would be “going to jamaica tomorrow to shoot with Gisele”, it seems to almost be a certainty.
- Next year, your dreams will come true. If you’re a crazed fan of America’s Next Top Model, at least, as the Tyra Banks-fronted reality show is finally (sarcasm) getting a branded fragrance, “Dream Come True“. The fragrance launch will be exclusive to Target next year and will feature the winner of the show’s All-Star Cycle (currently showing) as the face of the campaign.