Raise the alarm! Most of us are suckers for some pearly whites (though maybe not on George Hamilton level – hello, Veneers). Because of this, we wipe out our drugstore whitening kits and toothpastes without so much as a glance towards the ingredient list. A Hollywood smile for a few dineros? Yes, please!
What the products aren’t telling you is that they are scraping by with the bare minimum regulations and are destroying your teeth. To cut the medi-speak down, the jist is that all of these ‘quick fixes’ forced upon us are not properly trialled, and many contain small particles of sandpaper that are abrasive enough to wipe stains away, but will also cause damage and sensitivity in the long run.
So, how do we safely get a mega-watt smile? Fashion fan and expert beauty Dr. Anjali Rajah of NW Smiles sat me down to share the friendly and fool-proof methods:
1) For the whitest teeth possible? Zoom! In-Surgery Power Whitening. Don’t worry, we’re not talking scalpels. A specialised light and gel break up stains to reveal mini-pearls. It’s a tooth time machine.
2) Brite Smile To Go Whitening Pens. Too exclusive for drugstore sales. Just a click of brightening formula from a Touche Eclat-sized pen that requires no waiting time once spread over your chompers. The safe alternative to painting your teeth with a Wite Out pen. (I sadly witnessed a girl trialling this method a few years ago.)
3) Lipstick! The right one will brighten your smile instantly. Anjali even offers consultations to find your best shade in her beautiful boutique practice, where many top beauty tricks have been tried and tested to add extra sparkle to your smile.
Look after your mouth, ladies and gentlemen! Use a proper dentist – like NW Smiles – now so you don’t have to end up as a “before” photo a few years down the road.
As the daughter of a former Playboy bunny
, there is always a pique in my interest regarding the latest and greatest from the glamorous guild.
Last night, Bunnies, tycoons, and celebrity beauties flocked to Mayfair’s Funky Buddha to rub shoulders with newly announced Playmate of the Year, Hope Dworaczyk. Also in attendance were model Kelly Brook and Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger (cats versus bunnies!). Mark from The Only Way Is Essex even managed to make it out (and chatted to me about his love for next door’s Nobu), though fellow castmates Amy Childs, Sam Faiers and Harry Derbidge were denied entry (ouch!).
Throughout the night, I was sipping on a ton of Playboy’s new energy drink which is delicious and has no foul acidic aftertaste (looking at you, Red Bull). I even got into a friendly argument with the Oxford Rowing Team defending the sugar free version as the ‘better’ drink. Great night on all accounts!
PR Queen Charli Beale & I (in enormous heels, believe it or not!)
I have talked to you about my obsession with hair. Now, it’s time to talk about length. I am an absolute sucker for long hair and after cutting my hair a while ago, I am beyond eager to grow it all back. Of course, the other option is hair extensions.
Trouble is, I had hair extensions a long time ago and wanted to rip them out of my head (I ended up doing so a week later). Choosing between a few different methods, I thought I would be too clueless for clip-ins so the fusion technique would be best. Boy, was I wrong. Though it was done by someone with a great reputation, the glue bonds made my hair heavy, painful and in major need of conditioning. What I didn’t know then was that micro rings are the answer.
Micro rings cause no damage to your natural hair and are completely without glue or weave. The jist is that a strand of extension hair is placed with a strand of your hair – creating a single combined strand – then placed inside the ring and closed flat to tightly hold the extension hair to your natural hair. These rings weigh nothing more than an extra strand of hair and are almost invisible (no chunky glue!). Since there is no chemical process to remove or maintain them, they can also last well over three months.
– Ask around. Read tons of reviews. The hair extension industry is prone to people who have no idea what they are doing (check Youtube for horror stories if you dare).
– Do not try and do it yourself. You can’t 360 your head like a trained professional.
– The only no-no for micro ring users would be to brush your hair starting from the top. You would be brushing a tiny ring. Otherwise, it acts like normal hair.
– Hair quality. The scam artists of the industry are known to use plastic or plastic/real combination hair of very poor quality. You have the right to see and touch the hair.
– You get what you pay for. If it seems too good to be true, or you’re getting charged a flat rate for any length you choose, you are being taken. It is common sense to know the longer the hair, the more it will cost.
In my research, almost everyone I’ve spoken to in the industry has said the best hair extensions in London are done by Hairextensionaires. Jacqui – the sole owner – has clients travel internationally to get their hair done by her. She is so talented she can even work with those suffering from hair loss; with years of experience and well-priced service, she is renowned as the key to healthy, heavenly hair. It is time to start saving the pounds, ladies!
Contestants from series six of Britain’s Next Top Model (including Alisha White, Charlotte Holmes, Joy McLaren and winner Tiffany Pisani) joined presenter Emma Willis and Charley Speed to strut their stuff on and off runway at Britain’s Next Top Model Live this weekend. Diana Vickers, Eliza Doolittle and more below! View Post
Detoxing in London is hard and necessary, especially in the fashion industry. With events that essentially pour drinks down your throat, indulgent lunch meetings, and nights that never end on the right side of midnight, you can’t complain. However, sometimes I feel like my body is screaming “Toxins! Toxins!” at me as I can add an allergy to wheat and gluten to the above list (that is frequently ignored).
Thank God for Nosh Detox. Not everyone can afford the time, effort or money to book into a spa, hide out in a health club, or fly to Mallorca for a weekend detox. Now, well-being delivery service Nosh has developed a unique Weekend Detox package to help you detox, lose any ‘unhealthy’ weight and improve overall health and well-being, so that you feel and look noticeably better after just three days. Nutritional Technician and author Geeta Sidhu-Robb founded the Chelsea-based company in 2004 – I can’t believe I’ve just got around to trying it out!
The Weekend Detox package comes with an ‘Immune Booster Box‘ that helps you with hemp oil, aloe vera, an ayurvedic cleanse, bee pollen, homemade salt scrubs and herbal teas to help you through your detox. Everything was absolutely delicious, and a fantastic learning experience. I constantly felt full, healthy, and full of energy – didn’t reach for a single cup of coffee. Never has a detox worked so fast for me! A Nosh Juice Fast is also available, as well as the ‘ABC Plan’. For further information on them – visit here after taking a look at a sample menu below. View Post