Let’s let Vogue UK wrap up our 2010 editorials with a bang, shall we? Kate Phelan has styled Siri Tollerød into space for their best spread of the entire year, “Star Signs“. Photographed by Tim Gutt, the spread has a use of props that rivals the genius of Tim Walker while keeping the posing extremely, bewitchingly fluid. Horoscopes without tack.
Jessica Simpson is making bank. Retail sales of her fashion empire – currently shoes, accessories, outerwear, bathing suits, fragrance, and watches – totalled $750 million this year. “People look at her as a style icon,” explains Vince Camuto, the main licensee for Simpson-sold merchandise.
– Jessica Simpson Sportswear and Jeanswear are expected to do from $150 million to $200 million in retail sales within the next two years.
– The Jeanswear collection can be found in 650 department store doors, including Macy’s, Dillard’s, Belk, and Bon-Ton.
– Six hundred people once lined up to see Simpson make a personal appearance at Belk.
– Simpson’s net worth is estimated at $100 million.
– The latest addition to her empire – sportswear – is inspired by Isabel Marant, Theory, and Sportmax, but with a “younger” attitude.
Homegirl is – in at least one category – outperforming even Madonna.
Kanye West strikes again. This is just beyond. Judging from the above preview of the (FINALLY made) video for “Monster”, Kanye has taken a leaf out of the success of his ultra-fashionable video for “Runaway“. Contrasting from that success, the Monster music video is, well, a haute haunt. With lifeless models and a very creepy crawly Nicki Minaj, I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the full release. (Does it remind anyone else of the old Lara Stone Film Noir video by Steven Klein? Video under the cut.)
Nicole Richie‘s wedding to Joel Madden reportedly happened a few hours ago. After embarking on a trip to New York last week, we can safely assume that her wedding dress has been made by Marchesa as she visited their studio in the Big Apple for a fitting with her stylist, Simone Harouche. Photos will be added as I receive them!
“Золотая орда” is one of those spreads I’m not sure is carried off with the desired effect. Photographed by François Nars (the photographer and makeup artist behind Nars Cosmetics), Iris Strubegger and Mikus Lasmanis have been expertly styled by Vogue Russia stylist Patti Wilson – but something is missing. The overall theme is slightly lackluster where they could have truly pushed the envelope. Not bad, but not special. Continue reading →