I am lucky enough to get invited to more than my fair share of events but rarely find myself wishing they wouldn’t end like I did at last week’s party with Bombay Sapphire.
To launch the Bombay Sapphire New Traditions Christmas Collection (five artist-reimagined Christmas installations and Bombay Sapphire-filled cocktail collection), the brand took over Sushisamba and threw a holiday party to endorse boundary-breaking new traditions.
Under the likes of Richard Clarkson Christmas Baubles and DBLG & Brooke Roberts Christmas Jumpers, we sipped on everything from hot gin mochas to the exquisitely reinvented G&T you see below; the likes of which I’ve managed to nab the recipes for, just a little further down!
Here’s to new traditions…
Hot Gin Mocha
120ml Bombay Sapphire
3 tsp caster sugar
75 ml Crème de Cacao
3 shots of strong espresso
Long shavings of dark chocolate
1. Combine the espresso with a teaspoon of sugar in a pan and heat
2. Add the measure of Bombay Sapphire
3. Followed by a serving of Crème De Cacao
4. When it reaches a simmer, remove from the heat
5. Serve in suitable vessel, such as a mug or glass with handle
6. Finish with long shavings of dark chocolate.
Winter Pine Twist
50 ml Bombay Sapphire
125 ml Premium Tonic Water
1. Fill balloon or highball glass with ice.
2. Add the measure of Bombay Sapphire followed by the premium tonic
3. Stir gently.
4. Garnish with lime wheels
5. The finishing touches? A single pine sprig and a scattering of cranberries.
See more – including the Stephen Hendee, Studio Boo, and Bompas & Parr installations – Bombay Sapphire’s Facebook page!
It seems that – with the countdown to Christmas officially in its stride – London is really begging for an excuse to add a little bit of fun to our (typically cold and wet) gift shopping experience. Thankfully, Covent Garden’s Seven Dials and St. Martin’s Courtyard have teamed up with MasterCard Priceless London to bring us a night of shopping, merriment, and Vintage Tricycles serving complimentary mulled wine (WOO!). On November 29th, you will be able to shop and be merry for less with over 120 stores participating in a 20% Off Christmas Shopping Night between 5 and 9pm.
The fun doesn’t end there, either!
Along with complimentary festive manicures provided by the infamous WAH Nails team 15 Shorts Gardens for the first 75 shoppers who spend over £50 during the Shopping Night, festivities include:
– £50 luxury goodie bag for the first 200 shoppers to spend £100 on their MasterCard in conjunction with their shopping ticket. Claim from 5.30pm onwards at 15 Shorts Gardens.
– Show your ticket and enjoy a complimentary Courvoisier cocktail in the St Martin’s Courtyard’s Pop-Up Bar.
– Christmas will come early for 150 shoppers who will be selected at random and presented with a Golden Ticket for a lucky dip for prizes worth up to £150.
– Look out for our Black Cab photo booth in which you can capture a fun snap of you and your shopping friends.
– Get a helping hand choosing your Christmas gifts with our inspiration window at 15 Shorts Garden. Shoppers will also have the chance to win the entire £1000 Christmas Gift Window on the Seven Dials’ Facebook page.
– A host of in-store activity including DJ The Dressing Parlour at Urban Outfitters, a Bombay Sapphire pop-up cocktail bar and tarot card reader at Diesel’s Flagship Store, Beauty Ambassador makeovers and a ‘gift’ balloon launch at Bare Escentuals, Kopapa’s Peter Gordon and head chef Selin serving warming snacks and Kopapa & Sipsmith’s Hot Gin Punch from their pop-up stall, DJ Sets from Breton and Kiwi and complimentary Asahi beer at TopMan General Store, free consultations and complimentary fringe trims from the hair-care experts at Sassoon Salon, plus savour hot pork belly sandwiches and mulled wine from the Jamie’s Italian stall in St Martin’s Courtyard.
– Exclusive MasterCard deals available until the 31st of December.
For all the details, see SevenDials.co.uk!
Which events catch your eye?