Balmain was – and still is – missing designer Cristophe Decarnin. Though no-one is sure how much involvement he had in the creation of their Fall/Winter 2011 collection, the brand’s decision to work with new stylist Melanie Ward (replacing Emmanuelle Alt) kept garments in line to be some of Fashion Month’s most coveted. Set in the ballroom at Le Grand Hotel, the show’s location represented a rife, ornate take on their institutional grunge elegance. I couldn’t help but feel a Jem and the Holograms – my original style fixation – homage. See the top five looks below! View Post
Let’s get straight past the crazy: the industry is gearing up for a Lifetime movie, right? Was I unaware we were involved in some Shakespearean method acting? This has been one of the most bizarre fashion weeks to date. See below:
– Fired (replacement: Alessandra Facchinetti FTW).
– Got kicked out of his attempt to appear at Dior.
– Insiders say that he has actually been in a mental hospital since mid-January.
– Apparently the in-house design team and stylist Melanie Ward (who replaced Emmanuelle Alt after she stepped down to focus on her new role as editor in chief of Vogue Paris) designed it all.
– Balmain say he’s been snoozing.