- Get ready to take a private tour of the Valentino archive on any device that connects to the internet! Serious talk. Valentino Garavani and Giancarlo Giammetti have just announced the launch of the “Valentino Garavani Virtual Museum“. The desktop application will showcase over 300 dresses from the designer’s archive, organised as if it were an actual museum, and integrated with sketches, editorials, as well as various means of press coverage. The app will be available here from December 5th.
- Looking for Pippa Middleton’s bridesmaid dress? This Alexander McQueen number is the closest you’re probably ever going to get. Same designer – Miss (Fabulous) Sarah Burton – with a few missing lace inserts.
- Paul Smith won the Outstanding Achievement Award at the British Fashion Awards, following in the footsteps of greats such as John Galliano, Vivienne Westwood, and Alexander McQueen.
- For Fall/Winter 2012, Stella McCartney will show a special collection for the London Fashion Week show calendar. As creative director of the 2012 Olympics, the (little) details shared so far have explained that the “one-off” show will be part of concerted promotional efforts relating to The Games. Back on home turf! Yes!
- 90-year-old fashion designer Iris Apfel is collaborating up with eyebobs to design a collection of midrange reading glasses, sun readers, and polarized sunglasses! The collection is set to be released in 2013, though a limited edition frame – the “Iris” – will be available in three different colours come Spring. A portion of proceeds will also be donated to vision loss charity Lighthouse International – SO GET BUYING!
- Heiress to the Missoni empire, Miss Margherita Missoni, has revealed she is engaged to be married to her racing driver boyfriend Eugenio Amos!
- Now that Versace x H&M is all sold out, those who slept those few extra minutes can rejoice! As soon as February, we will be able to get our hands on a brand new Spring/Summer 2012 collectionbetween the collaborative brands! Sneak peak below:
- Oh, here goes another £100…MAC have just released photos of their make-up collaboration with Daphne Guinness! The 21-piece collection will be available from December 26th through February 9th. The pigments will sell like hotcakes, I assure you.
“I was in the Beverly Hills Hotel, and let me tell you there’s always some mad project going on in my bedroom when I’m there. Ha! I had parchment papers spread all over the floor and all sorts of different powders and watercolors that I was mixing together. I was painting for so long on that floor. When the pieces were done, I packed them all in my suitcase to show MAC.”
– Daphne Guinness
With a controversial couture collection under his belt, Dior’s temporary stand-in for John Galliano – fashion designer Bill Gaytten – showed an excellent compendium of uncompromised quality for the label’s Spring/Summer 2012 collection.
Gaytten showed ‘wow’ pieces without a Galliano-type ‘wow’, and I think that is what truly made this special. By choosing a ‘safer’, more classic aesthetic, the tailoring and construction shone through and left us with countless options for future investment pieces. Expert draping, the creamiest gazar, classic bar jackets and much more. Check out Karlie Kloss in the finale look of sheer organza, if your wallet dares.
Christian Dior Spring/Summer 2012? A statement of romantic intellect and adaptation. View Post
“We hope to introduce a fresh perspective to this iconic collection, while honoring Superga’s legacy of timeless design.”
– Ashley Olsen