Target’s little pitbull is the closest thing you’re going to get to the Missoni x Target collaboration, for now. Since the collection was set to go live online, the overwhelming traffic has crashed the site. You naughty fashionistas broke Target. Apparently, the retail stores have suffered a similar frenzy.
Gawker published a pretty brilliant article on the crimes of toe shoes. Vibram Five Fingers for Fashion Week, anyone?
Avril Lavigne‘s Abbey Dawn show for Spring/Summer 2012 (…keeping my opinions to myself) had a primarily reality-centered front row. Since Avril recruited Kylie Jenner (younger than CFDA regulations are OK with, half-sister of Lavigne’s boyfriend Brody Jenner) to model in her show, many members of the Jenner/Kardashian “Klan” turned up. Cheering at Kylie-focused moments were Kourtney and Kim Kardashian, half-sister Kendall Jenner, Brody Jenner, and Kim’s new husband Kris Humphries.
Swatch has terminated its partnership with Tiffany & Co (?!). They felt that Tiffany’s made “systematic efforts to block and delay the development of the business.” Swatch will also be requesting compensation for the loss of future business.
Ralph Lauren has named a new European president; former deputy chairman at the fabulous Giorgio Armani, John Hooks.
Kanye West will show a Spring/Summer 2012 womenswear collection in Paris at 9:30pm on October 1, directly after Jean Paul Gauliter and Loewe. This news piece is not yet officially announced, but the rumour comes from Harper’s Bazaar Australia’s fashion editor Christine Centenera, who has been traveling to Paris twice monthly and consulting with Kanye on his clothing line since March.
- You’ve seen the Vogue Italia cover, now you can see Stella Tennant planking in the accompanying editorial.
- Apparently, though the CFDA has a recommended age limit of 16 for models walking in shows, it has been reported that 14-year-old Kylie Jenner (of the “Kardashian Klan“) will walk in Avril Lavigne’s Abbey Dawn show during Fashion Week. I guess when Avril’s boyfriend is Kylie’s half-brother (Brody Jenner), the rules need not apply. Both Kim and Kourtney Kardashian are expected to sit front row at the show.
- Fashion designer Nicole Miller will feature as one of the designers getting advice from Joe Zee in the second series of his Sundance show “All On The Line“.
- “Have you noticed how much make-up girls are wearing these days? It’s because it’s cheaper than buying clothes. I love beauty products. At Gucci I’d spend days working with a make-up artist getting the show to look right. I was never drawn to walking in women’s shoes that’s maybe why some of them hurt. I never had a desire to wear the clothes. I’m probably the only man in England who doesn’t want to dress in drag. But make-up? That I’m serious about.” – Tom Ford to the Telegraph
- Blonde model trend! First there was Heidi Klum with Project Runway, then there was Angela Lindvall who was recently picked to host a special all-star edition of Project Runway. Now? Fellow sunshine blonde Molly Sims is commandeering the latest Runway spinoff, Project Accessory.
- When asked what he would save if his house were burning down Kaiser Karl Lagerfeld responded, “Which house? I have several.” Not newsworthy, but note-worthy.