Once upon a time I was a make-up artist for both Chanel and MAC. When two gorgeous Chanel products managed to make their way home with me recently (ahem idonothaveanexpensivemakeupaddiction ahem), the occasion called for a melding of the brands. The Pop Luxe beauty look is easy as can be to recreate and simply uses the products below.
Get The Look:
Chanel Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow in 95 Furtif
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine in 73 Chic
Eyeko Black Magic Mascara
MAC Liquidlast Liner in Aqualine
1. Without priming the eye, brush the eyeshadow over your entire lid and blend into the crease. The formula of the eyeshadow is incredibly soft and lasts all day without primer.
2. Use the liquid eyeliner to draw a thin like of blue – your ‘pop’ – under the eye, focusing on the outer corner.
3. Throw your mascara on. Like I said, easy peasy. Eyeko’s new Black Magic formula has just launched in Space NK and has quickly become my favourite mascara. As well as being paraben-free, the formula has conditioning keratin, shea butter, and delivers an intense long-lasting curl.
4. Lipstick on. I was intimidated by the brown hue of Chic before swatching it, but the semi-sheer colour is luxe, soft, and enhances the depth of a naturally pink lip.
5. Use a synthetic brush to pick up some colour from the lipstick tube and blend it in as a delicious cream blush on the cheek.
Now that True Blood Season 4 is coming to a close in the U.S., the world can welcome many more porcelain-inspired make-up looks in the build-up to the finale.
To go a little retro on you in every regard, let’s look at Evan Rachel Wood as Sophie-Anne Leclerq – the beautiful and financially-endowed Vampire Queen. While a face like that can cost you thousands (nudge, nudge), I will show you how to re-create it for under £10!
Face: Whatever foundation or moisturiser you want to start with, remember to throw a good layer on matte powder on top! No oil/sheen allowed! (Try Maybelline’s Dream Matte Powder Compact, £1.)
Cheeks: No blood = no ‘flush’. Contour your cheeks by applying light browns under your cheeks, blending up towards your ear. (Try Revlon’s creme shadow quad in “Not Just Nudes”, £4, to keep it from looking cakey.)
Eyes: Use the beige shade from the same quad as an allover lid colour. Then, apply heavy liquid liner with a wing on your upper lashes and a light line on your lower lashes – from the centre of your eye outwards. (Try e.l.f.’s liquid eyeliner, £1.)
Lips: The main event! Create a perfect lip shape with a burgundy lip pencil, fill in your entire lips, then add the lightest shade from the Revlon quad – lightly – in the centre of your lower lip for dimension. (Try Lord & Berry’s Ultimate Lipstick Luxury in Burgundy,£3.50.)
Then sing along to the True Blood theme song for a few hours while staring at your beautiful face in the mirror. You know you want to.