I have no time for traditional nail polish. In a hands-on career, a simple 30-minute application turns into daily touch ups, and the minute a nail is snagged on a zipper or pin it is all over.
Thankfully, I have just been introduced to the nail treatment favoured by the likes of J-Lo, Victoria Beckham, Beyonce, and Cameron Diaz – Tom Bachik’s Artistic Colour Gloss – an everlasting soak-off gel polish.
I went to Harrods‘ nail loft in Urban Retreat once I heard about the chip-free manicure that lasts 3 weeks. With 22 new shades just released for Fall/Winter 2011, I chose Artistic Colour Gloss’ white polish, shimmer coat and glitter tip from a total of their 66 colours (though hugely tempted by their new neon orange shade!)
Thanks to a lamp that cures the nail dry in 30 seconds, I was completely finished in 30 minutes total with not a smudge to be had. 3 weeks of flawless nail art for 30 minutes? Win. I think I’m addicted. View Post
Want that bright and not-shiny glow without pounding on excessive sparkle and bronzer? Get the natural-looking how-to below with some of the greatest new products in Beauty Town!
- Rub SkinMedica’s Redness Relief CalmPlex in every area except your natural ‘blush’ area.
- Use Priori‘s CoffeeBerry Brightening Facial Complex for a wake-up call infused with soothing and moisturising botanicals and antioxidants. It smells like the most sumptuous, creamy vanilla and gets rid of any and all pigmentation.
- Swipe Susan Posnick‘s ColorFlo Shimmer all over your face. Designed as a highlighter, it actually works brilliantly as a light-as-air mineral powder for European skintones. The soft shimmer also reflects light brilliantly, giving you a flawless complexion. (See: un-retouched photo above!)
- Use Susan Posnick‘s Gold ColorEyeDefine pencil to line your upper lash line and inner corners. On the other end of the pencil, use the blendable mineral eye shadow over your liner for staying power. This isn’t about blending shadows, it is all about brightening the eye area.
- Use RevitaLash‘s Mascara in Raven. It is flawlessly clump-free and perfect for creating defined, long eyelashes that look completely natural.
- Illamasqua‘s Lipstick. Look at the colour of your cheeks and choose a similar, creamy colour to dab on the lips and then rub in with your finger. This will create a soft stain without the drying feel that lipstains often cause.
Stockist info: Get SkinMedica, RevitaLash and Susan Posnick from www.skinbrands.co.uk.
Get the Priori CoffeeBerry at www.cosmeceuticals.co.uk.
After claiming she was inspired by Joan Collins, I watched some of Holly Fulton‘s signature art deco designs shimmer down a stark runway (better to show off her talent, for sure). While she has always been strongly influenced by the Sixties, this London Fashion Week Fulton made a collection that nodded sincerely to the huge Seventies upsurge this season. There was a great feel to the show added by some well-styled accessories, including an enormous pair of geometric earrings to a clutch bag emblazoned with ‘holly says relax‘. Ultra unique, and definitely one to watch. View Post