If I thought Beyonce had gone anywhere, this post would start with a hearty “Beyonce is Back!”. Last night, her long-awaited music video for “Run the World (Girls)” debuted with more fashion glory than a September day at Somerset House. So, what did she wear?
1. A red Alexander McQueen Fall/Winter 2010 dress with embroidered gold detail and thigh-high, gold-heeled Alexander McQueen Grinling Gibbons, same collection.
2. She dances – like never before – in a black Norma Kamali fringed garment with golden harness and black bustier, continuing the fringe down to some Alexander Wang heels.
3. A brief appearance by the white Givenchy Spring/Summer 2011 Couture gown. The gown designed for fierceness.
4. Cue the slo-mo water and cue the dark Jean Paul Gaultier Spring/Summer 2011 Couture outfit with a tailcoat and heavy cut-outs.
5. Be still, style heart. Unaware of the car in flames behind her, Warrior Beyonce gets into an ultra mini Gareth Pugh Fall/Winter 2011 turtleneck dress and gold-mirrored Gareth Pugh ankle boots.
6. Dance break = outfit change. This time it’s a gold-embroidered Emilio Pucci Spring/Summer 2010 yellow dress paired with studded and feathered Sergio Rossi Gladiator boots.
7. Emilio Pucci number two; a long-sleeved goddess gown in green with a thigh-high split and sequined sleeve from Fall/Winter 2011.