When it comes to most celebrity/model-endorsed cosmetic lines, you can feel the “I’ve been coaxed into this” vibe. An upcoming line of multi-purpose lipsticks created by Siri Tollerød doesn’t run that risk. What will be called “Siri for Zanzuel” will be used three ways – for the lips, eyes, and cheeks – and will be sold both online and in Scandinavian salons for Spring 2011. No ridiculous endorsements – just a solid beauty product. A must have!
Raise the alarm! Most of us are suckers for some pearly whites (though maybe not on George Hamilton level – hello, Veneers). Because of this, we wipe out our drugstore whitening kits and toothpastes without so much as a glance towards the ingredient list. A Hollywood smile for a few dineros? Yes, please!
What the products aren’t telling you is that they are scraping by with the bare minimum regulations and are destroying your teeth. To cut the medi-speak down, the jist is that all of these ‘quick fixes’ forced upon us are not properly trialled, and many contain small particles of sandpaper that are abrasive enough to wipe stains away, but will also cause damage and sensitivity in the long run.
So, how do we safely get a mega-watt smile? Fashion fan and expert beauty Dr. Anjali Rajah of NW Smiles sat me down to share the friendly and fool-proof methods:
1) For the whitest teeth possible? Zoom! In-Surgery Power Whitening. Don’t worry, we’re not talking scalpels. A specialised light and gel break up stains to reveal mini-pearls. It’s a tooth time machine.
2) Brite Smile To Go Whitening Pens. Too exclusive for drugstore sales. Just a click of brightening formula from a Touche Eclat-sized pen that requires no waiting time once spread over your chompers. The safe alternative to painting your teeth with a Wite Out pen. (I sadly witnessed a girl trialling this method a few years ago.)
3) Lipstick! The right one will brighten your smile instantly. Anjali even offers consultations to find your best shade in her beautiful boutique practice, where many top beauty tricks have been tried and tested to add extra sparkle to your smile.
Look after your mouth, ladies and gentlemen! Use a proper dentist – like NW Smiles – now so you don’t have to end up as a “before” photo a few years down the road.
As a make-up artist, the number one request I receive – I’m talking 95% of the time – is a smoky eye. Truth is, it’s one of the simplest things you can do for your eyes and since you’re trying to look smoky, you can do it quick and not worry about precision.
What will you need?
– A dark and light brown eyeshadow.
– A white/cream eyeshadow.
– Black eyeliner (I prefer liquid).
Brushes aren’t necessary, but any blending brush would be helpful.
The Easy Directions:
1. Highlight your inner corner and brow bone with the light colour.
2. Blend lighter brown eyeshadow in from the outer corner of your eye.
3. Bring the same colour underneath your eye softly.
4. BLEND your harsh edges (aka smoke it out).
5. Work darker colour into your natural crease.
6. Bring that colour underneath your eye softly.
7. Line your eyes with a small wing. It’ll increase the depth of the smoke.
8. Highlight and blend back in.
Simple. Five minute smoky eye. Looks gorgeous on everyone. Obviously, the video above will assist you and also features music by the Audiovisuals. Must watch (in HD)!