When Louis Vuitton‘s Spring/Summer 2013 checkerboard print descended down its Parisian escalators, each look was met with mixed reviews. Though there may be an absence of chess fans in the fashion community, it – natch – took two point five seconds to trickle down to the high street as a trend.
1. Mika Checkerboard Dress, £19
2. Richard Nicoll bustier dress, £49 (rental)
3. Bolongaro Trevor Tala dress, £97
4. Marc Jacobs Prussian Blue skirt, £164
5. Kelly Wearstler Alo Sheath Dress, £100
6. Checkerboard socks, £3.50 (or 3 for £8)