Rachel Bilson may naturally be ‘nother-level hot, but her make-up routine is fairly basic. Since her glory days playing Summer Roberts on The O.C., Rachel always seems to play characters that bat heavily-lined eyes and lashes at The Protagonistic Hottie. Why mess with a good thing, right?
While Southern Alabama and Southern California certainly aren’t equal matches in the style stakes, Rachel’s latest role as Zoe Hart in small town-celebratory “Hart of Dixie” keeps her make-up look tried and true.
Though the head makeup artist on the show – Joni Powel – uses a lot of earth-toned CARGO Cosmetics palettes on Rachel, I have recreated the look using a variationof my favourite products, below.
Rachel Bilson/Zoe Hart Makeup Tutorial
1. Throw on a BB cream! As a doctor, Zoe Hart has no need to be running around in a full face of foundation. (Try Dior Hydra Life BB Cream).
2. If needed, set your BB cream with a translucent matte powder. (Try Sunday Riley’s Soft Focus Finishing Powder.)
3. Using a blush brush, lightly sweep a burnt pink shade underneath the apples of your cheeks and towards your hairline. Anything with a hint of brown will help emphasize your cheekbones. (Try Natio Rosewood blush.)
4. Prime your eyelids – and the line underneath your lower lash line – to help your eyeshadow/liner stay in place. (Try By Terry Hyaluronic eye primer.)
5. Use a coper eyeshadow over your lid. Because Rachel has quite a deep eye socket she blends the eyeshadow above her crease to ensure it doesn’t get lost behind her eyelashes. Alter your blending to suit your eye shape as I have done below. (Try Too Faced Copper Peony eyeshadow.)
6. Line those eyes! Using a kohl pencil, line your waterline, tightline, and slightly extend your upper lash line. Blend the line under your lower lash line to prevent it from looking too hard. (Try Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil and By Terry’s Eyeliner brush.)
7. Groom your eyebrows. Mine are much darker than Rachel’s and would look far too heavy if filled in to match her brow shape, but if you have a light brow I would advise filling them in a little thicker than normal. (Try Clarins Pro Palette Eyebrow Kit.)
8. Throw on a light pink lipbalm. Finger, brush…use whatever you have around! (Try Cover FX MintTint in Pink Copper.)
9. Mascara! (Try Eyeko Black Magic mascara.)