The act of getting dressed in the morning turns into quite a ‘battle of the brains’ on days I don’t have to leave the home office. While I am a big believer in one’s outer layers contributing to their state of mind, the temptation to spend a day in a onesie (with a blazer for Skype calls, obviously) is undeniable.
The compromise? Shiny, slick pieces with just enough structure to send your Boss Brain into overdrive.
What I Wore:
Oversized blazer from Clements Ribeiro (similar here)
Necklace from QVC (similar here)
Black silk dress (similar here)
Silver ballerinas from Fitflop
Instagram (@lelalondon) – left to right, top to bottom:
1. Filming tutorials (get excited, it’s coming soon!)
2. Last looks in East London for a four-part shoot with Rimmel London. That’s a wrap!
3. The best way to end a Thursday night: at The Hospital Club.
4. Naughty shopping spree: Clements Ribeiro jacket, Ted Baker skirt, and Antoni & Alison coat
5. Princess Pancakes.
6. Apple and peanut butter: the best sick food.
7. Getting through the ever-expanding weekend to do list!
8. Kicking it in some power booties.
9. Only he could fall asleep in such a way.
If there was one model that made a big impression on me during fashion week, it had to be Erjona Ala. The 16 year old Norwegian Ford model managed to walk a whopping 64 shows for Spring/Summer 2012 – more than any other newcomer, by far (the full show breakdown is below).
On top of that, she is a truly lovely girl, with an interesting dichotomy between her presence and her age. An androgynous type of Veronica Lake beauty, who became a model simply because she “wanted to try”. Her youth is endearingly apparent in interviews, as she quotes her ‘all time style icon‘ as Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, her musical tastes as Beyonce (meeting B is Erjona’s biggest dream) and Taylor Swift, and favourite movie as Twilight.
I can’t wait to see where her career takes her as she matures.