Step aside for a moment, Vogue Italia. Your neighbour, Elle Italia, has just stolen a little limelight with their Flavia de Oliveira lovefest for their June 2011 issue. Flavia is not only a cover girl, but the solo model (slash dreamgirl) in a convivial and sunkissed spread for the same edition. Both the photographer – Marcelo Krasilcic – and stylist – Eva Geraldine Fontanelli – have to be overjoyed; this kicks sunshiney ass. View Post
Willow Smith is my favourite. Her loco romper, glove, and slouch boot outfit was also my favourite AMA ensemble since she paired it with a lemon and sunshine yellow ruffled harness that is now causing quite a stir. Apparently the custom-made armpiece is a ripoff of a Mother of London design. Uh oh.
While Mother of London harnesses are styled a little too kinky for a ten year old to wear, the duplicated design is pulled off with that hair-whipping ease we love her for. This, unfortunately, doesn’t make it okay. Mother of London designer Mildred von Hildegard has been quoted as saying “I’m disappointed and saddened that this will negatively impact my business. My original design is now recognized in the mass media as someone else’s work, and it’s very hurtful on both a personal and professional levels. I hope this can be resolved, and I wish nothing but the best to Willow.”
Since Willow’s usual stylist Mariel Haenn was unavailable to style the mini-Smith on the night of the AMAs, the stylist to blame is being kept under wraps. Haenn said “…to be honest I have no idea who ‘styled’ her or the designer. Wish I did. I don’t ask my clients who they used when I’m not available.”
Anna Dello Russo has her rules to follow during the upcoming Fashion Week madness and has revealed her top ten list on her own blog:
1. Black outfits make a omologate effects.
2. Be carefull with black: Don’t put together different tone of black (clothes, stocking, shoes, etc). Materials reflect the black in different way.
3. Sunshine is a big spot on you: It shows all the mistakes. (Cheap fabrics, ruined accessories, dirty shoes).
4. You must feel the weather every morning. Clothes live in the best context like actresses loving the amazing theater.
5. Don’t match clothes and its own function: Like rain and trenchcoat, like snow and moonboot, forget it the umbrella at home!
6. Wear just night-clothes in daytime. It is unexpected!
7. Don’t carry big bags. On the front row they hinder the passage.
8. Between shoes and bag? Absolutely, amazing shoes matching a perfect pedicure. They make a right attitude!
9. Don’t wearing so much make up. In the morning it does not look fresh.
10. Shape up! You must choose outfits fierce and fully shaped.