Boom! How bombshell delicious does Kate Winslet look on the cover of Marie Claire France‘s November 2011 issue? As a brunette who’s recently decided to go blonde (and stick to it, for once), she is radiating the confidence I need to go under the bleach with a smile. For her James White-lensed cover and photoshoot, Isabel Dupre was in charge of styling and Renato Campora fixed up her lovely blonde locks.
I should probably buy that Burberry trenchcoat for extra smiles, too. Sorry, bank manager.
Alberta Ferretti does it again! Some designers seem like they may not bet fully planning the ‘atmosphere’ of their New York Fashion Week shows. For the Spring/Summer Philosophy collection, however, the Gauguin-esque chinoiserie printed carpet did all the work for her. It was print and platform madness with matching conical hats and explosions of colour. Not to mention a Breakfast at Tiffany’s-like tan belted trench with a brand-appropriate printed lining thrown in for good measure. This was a fashion show. View Post
Anna Dello Russo has her rules to follow during the upcoming Fashion Week madness and has revealed her top ten list on her own blog:
1. Black outfits make a omologate effects.
2. Be carefull with black: Don’t put together different tone of black (clothes, stocking, shoes, etc). Materials reflect the black in different way.
3. Sunshine is a big spot on you: It shows all the mistakes. (Cheap fabrics, ruined accessories, dirty shoes).
4. You must feel the weather every morning. Clothes live in the best context like actresses loving the amazing theater.
5. Don’t match clothes and its own function: Like rain and trenchcoat, like snow and moonboot, forget it the umbrella at home!
6. Wear just night-clothes in daytime. It is unexpected!
7. Don’t carry big bags. On the front row they hinder the passage.
8. Between shoes and bag? Absolutely, amazing shoes matching a perfect pedicure. They make a right attitude!
9. Don’t wearing so much make up. In the morning it does not look fresh.
10. Shape up! You must choose outfits fierce and fully shaped.