- Get ready to take a private tour of the Valentino archive on any device that connects to the internet! Serious talk. Valentino Garavani and Giancarlo Giammetti have just announced the launch of the “Valentino Garavani Virtual Museum“. The desktop application will showcase over 300 dresses from the designer’s archive, organised as if it were an actual museum, and integrated with sketches, editorials, as well as various means of press coverage. The app will be available here from December 5th.
- Looking for Pippa Middleton’s bridesmaid dress? This Alexander McQueen number is the closest you’re probably ever going to get. Same designer – Miss (Fabulous) Sarah Burton – with a few missing lace inserts.
- Paul Smith won the Outstanding Achievement Award at the British Fashion Awards, following in the footsteps of greats such as John Galliano, Vivienne Westwood, and Alexander McQueen.
- For Fall/Winter 2012, Stella McCartney will show a special collection for the London Fashion Week show calendar. As creative director of the 2012 Olympics, the (little) details shared so far have explained that the “one-off” show will be part of concerted promotional efforts relating to The Games. Back on home turf! Yes!
- 90-year-old fashion designer Iris Apfel is collaborating up with eyebobs to design a collection of midrange reading glasses, sun readers, and polarized sunglasses! The collection is set to be released in 2013, though a limited edition frame – the “Iris” – will be available in three different colours come Spring. A portion of proceeds will also be donated to vision loss charity Lighthouse International – SO GET BUYING!
- Heiress to the Missoni empire, Miss Margherita Missoni, has revealed she is engaged to be married to her racing driver boyfriend Eugenio Amos!
- Now that Versace x H&M is all sold out, those who slept those few extra minutes can rejoice! As soon as February, we will be able to get our hands on a brand new Spring/Summer 2012 collectionbetween the collaborative brands! Sneak peak below:
- Oh, here goes another £100…MAC have just released photos of their make-up collaboration with Daphne Guinness! The 21-piece collection will be available from December 26th through February 9th. The pigments will sell like hotcakes, I assure you.
“I was in the Beverly Hills Hotel, and let me tell you there’s always some mad project going on in my bedroom when I’m there. Ha! I had parchment papers spread all over the floor and all sorts of different powders and watercolors that I was mixing together. I was painting for so long on that floor. When the pieces were done, I packed them all in my suitcase to show MAC.”
– Daphne Guinness
‘Gossip Girl’ started filming again, which means more Blair Waldorf wardrobe – and Leighton Meester – to lust over! The first public day of filming brought us Leighton in orange Brian Atwood ‘Maniac’ pumps, a citrus print Stella McCartney Spring/Summer 2011 skirt, bright yellow ruffled blouse, and an orange Riki Rosetta tote.
On Wednesday, Emma Watson attended the photocall for “Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2” at St Pancras station wearing a Rafael Lopez lace-and-tulle mini dress with a gold bodice. She paired the beauty with a black patent leather waistband and black Chanel pumps.
Emma again! This time at the world premiere of “Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2” in Trafalgar Square. Perfection in a full-skirted Oscar de la Renta ballgown? I think so. Miss Granger also wore jewellery from Boodles.
Though she didn’t attend any shows, Dita von Teese showed up at the Paris Fashion Week Haute Couture Fall 2011 Closing Party hosted by Chambre Syndicale de la Couture at Trianon Palace. The regal and curvaceous burlesque star wore a beautiful gown by Alexis Mabille from Fall/Winter 2010 – the same dress Leighton Meester wore on last season’s final episode of Gossip Girl.
Though the dress code is all-white for “The White Fairy Tale Love Ball“, hostess and supermodel Natalia Vodianovia always wears red. This year she showed up in an incredible Red Riding Hood-esque gown, custom designed by Valentino Garavani.
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge touched down at Calgary Airport in Canada wearing a lemon-yellow silk crepe dress by Jenny Packham (a break from navy, woohoo!). She accessorized with her favourite L.K. Bennett pumps and a matching clutch.
For some reason, I never expected Kate Middleton to show up on a red carpet. That said, she wowed the crowds at last night’s BAFTA Brits To Watch Event, which was held at the Belasco Theatre in LA. She wore a princess-perfect lilac Alexander McQueen gown, silver Jimmy Choo “Vamp” glitter-finish sandals and matching clutch of the same designer.
While I have never featured her before, Saturday‘s singer (and girlfriend to David Gandy) Mollie King truly impressed on the “Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2” red carpet. Wearing the “Peignoir” lingerie-inspired Spring/Summer 2011 dress by Julien Macdonald and Nicholas Kirkwood two-tone peep-toes, she was an envelope-pushing breath of fresh air.
Zooey Deschanel‘s uniform involves wearing tights on almost every red carpet, making it quite unusual to see her at the BAFTA Brits To Watch Event in a legs-baring Fall/Winter 2011 dress by Oscar de la Renta. The tea-length design and scalloped hem keeps her style ‘uniform’ consistent, and is beyond lovely on her.