Gah, I adore Emma Stone! Not only did the July 2011 issue of Elle use the power combo of photographer Carter Smith and stylist Joe Zee, but they used one of my favourite actresses as a model! The fashion in “Riot Girl” is extremely strong for a celebrity spread, creating a cohesive and impressive editorial. It’s also to be noted that the clothes aren’t wearing her (you could call this Jessica Alba syndrome?). View Post
For the first time since starting Fashion Spot, I am presenting my take on something other than an ad. This time? A Vogue magazine cover.
While Vogue is the Fashion Bible, there are a few things I would love to see on their covers:
Don’t forget: enter to win your dream shoe collection here!
As we were aware, there were models, actresses and more who pranced in Ford’s production, making for fabulous Youtube-vision. We see Terry Richardson photographing the Tom-Forded bodies of Chanel Iman, Liya Kebede, Lauren Hutton, Julianne Moore, Daphne Guinness and Beyonce, among a small crowd of exclusive guests a la Anna Wintour. It’s happy, sweet, and very obviously Seventies. See below! View Post
Anna Dello Russo has her rules to follow during the upcoming Fashion Week madness and has revealed her top ten list on her own blog:
1. Black outfits make a omologate effects.
2. Be carefull with black: Don’t put together different tone of black (clothes, stocking, shoes, etc). Materials reflect the black in different way.
3. Sunshine is a big spot on you: It shows all the mistakes. (Cheap fabrics, ruined accessories, dirty shoes).
4. You must feel the weather every morning. Clothes live in the best context like actresses loving the amazing theater.
5. Don’t match clothes and its own function: Like rain and trenchcoat, like snow and moonboot, forget it the umbrella at home!
6. Wear just night-clothes in daytime. It is unexpected!
7. Don’t carry big bags. On the front row they hinder the passage.
8. Between shoes and bag? Absolutely, amazing shoes matching a perfect pedicure. They make a right attitude!
9. Don’t wearing so much make up. In the morning it does not look fresh.
10. Shape up! You must choose outfits fierce and fully shaped.