Once upon a time I was a make-up artist for both Chanel and MAC. When two gorgeous Chanel products managed to make their way home with me recently (ahem idonothaveanexpensivemakeupaddiction ahem), the occasion called for a melding of the brands. The Pop Luxe beauty look is easy as can be to recreate and simply uses the products below.
Get The Look:
Chanel Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow in 95 Furtif
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine in 73 Chic
Eyeko Black Magic Mascara
MAC Liquidlast Liner in Aqualine
1. Without priming the eye, brush the eyeshadow over your entire lid and blend into the crease. The formula of the eyeshadow is incredibly soft and lasts all day without primer.
2. Use the liquid eyeliner to draw a thin like of blue – your ‘pop’ – under the eye, focusing on the outer corner.
3. Throw your mascara on. Like I said, easy peasy. Eyeko’s new Black Magic formula has just launched in Space NK and has quickly become my favourite mascara. As well as being paraben-free, the formula has conditioning keratin, shea butter, and delivers an intense long-lasting curl.
4. Lipstick on. I was intimidated by the brown hue of Chic before swatching it, but the semi-sheer colour is luxe, soft, and enhances the depth of a naturally pink lip.
5. Use a synthetic brush to pick up some colour from the lipstick tube and blend it in as a delicious cream blush on the cheek.
It hasn’t exactly been Coachella weather over here in ol’ Blighty. *rings out hair*
Thankfully, Motilo have been running an “Americana” (aka Coachella-perfect) competition on their site, and thus have TONS of summery inspiration floating around their mood boards. Crank up the heating, get in your feather headdress/bikini, and taa daa – it’s almost like you’re watching Kasabian in sunny California.
The mood board details:
J Brand – Atomic Denim Jacket
Spell – Warrior Feather Headband
Opening Ceremony – Striped Raffia Sandals
Jerome Dreyfuss – Momo Python, Suede And Karung Mini Shoulder Bag
Jemma Kidd – Rosy Glow Lip & Cheek Tint
Chanel – Le Vernis Nail Colour In Mimosa
cos – A-Line Wool Skirt (underneath)
Miu Miu – Faille Miniskirt
Last night, Lady Gaga cut the rope on “Gaga’s Workshop” at Barney’s New York. The lucky superstar even got Karl Lagerfeld to create a custom Chanel dress (and overall look) for the event.
What do we have here? White tweed with black trim, asymmetrical hemline, Chanel pearls, camelias and bows. Our beloved Stefani Germanotta paired the couture piece with black and gold studded platforms – as only she could do – and an intricate fascinator.
Want to see how the sketch came to life?
Hooray! After falling in love with Charlotte Free at Richard Chai‘s Fall/Winter 2011 show, I questioned how seriously the industry would take a pink-haired model.
Alas, with just two seasons on the scene, IMG Models‘ young beauty has landed the November/December 2011 cover of Wonderland magazine! It is not just Wonderland, either, even Chanel has used Charlotte on the runway. I can’t wait to see where she goes next; perhaps another Bambi Northwood Blyth in the making?
(Credits, Stylist: Julia Sarr-Jamois and Photographer: Elena Rendina.)
The incredibly flawless Monika “Jac” Jagaciak covers the October 2011 edition of Korean W magazine looking gorgeous thanks to the cosmetic hands of Christian McCulloch, hair skills of Diego da Silva, lens of Steven Pan, and fashion styling of Tina Chai. Homegirl has won almost every essential ad campaign this season, including Dolce & Gabbana, Dior, Valentino, Chanel Beauty and Jill Stuart.