HEALTHY FOOD TIME! Okay, not exactly healthy but much more so than you would expect. As far as comfort food goes, Nutella and cheese top a lot of our lists. Combine the two and you have ooey gooey endorphin-releasing goodness. Presenting, Nutella French Toast Grilled Cheese…
Ingredients (serves one):
2 slices of gluten-free bread (I like Genius)
1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk (I use Alpro)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 slice of ‘healthy’ cheese (I prefer Low Low)
2 tbsp chocolate hazelnut spread (If you want to make a healthy Nutella, I suggest blending 1 cup ofdehydrated almonds, 1 tablespoon raw cacao, 2 tablespoons organic raw coconut butter, a sprinkle of salt and a dash of almond milk together. Nom.)
(Double, triple, quadruple measures as needed to serve more people).
1. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Put your slices of bread on a plate and pour the mixture over them, flipping and pressing to ensure it absorbs into the slices.
3. Place the soaked slices in a non-stick pan and cook at medium low heat until golden brown. It will take roughly two minutes per side.
4. Move cooked slices to a plate, covering one side with cheese and the other with your chocolate hazelnut spread.
5. Bake in the oven until the cheese has melted. Enjoy!