– The Vivienne Westwood Mini Cocotte Dress is probably the sexiest dress in the world (we’re talking classy sexy, not ‘naked dress’ sexy). An investment piece, for sure – but don’t you deserve a Christmas present, too?
– Carven’s waist-tied printed silk dress is luxurious, comfortable, and features a perfectly autumnal print.
– Combining a number of trends (and getting away with it), River Island’s printed dress is the kind of garment you can wear with a simple pair of simple heels and still steal the show.
– Pair the Liliana Black Cross boots with a slinky LDB and knock ‘em dead.
– These Menbur bow pumps are are definitive show stoppers for holiday parties and beyond.
– Want something even sparklier? Now is the time to whip out the bigguns. these platforms from Aldo are a prime example.
The Party Dress Alternative:
The holidays flood most retail stores with ‘party looks’ and, naturally, most shoppers follow suit. Despite my inclination towards shiny things and dresses, I get a bit of a nauseous sensation when I come across a group of skimpy sequinned sistas. For those wanting to break the mould, look towards designers like JW Anderson; mix-matched textures, rich colours, and a cosy take on couture.
The Mince Pie Concealers:
One of my fittest female friends spends quite a bit of money on quality ‘mince pie concealers’ at this time of year. She also ends up, regardless of the number of ‘shapewear’ brands she trials, singing the praises of Spanx. From their Boostie-Yay Corset (perfect for bodycon dresses) to their Uptown Blackout Tights (why not kill two birds with one stone?) to the Slimmer & Shine open bust bodysuit (which is both a box-ticker and incredibly sensual to the touch – my personal favourite), there is a solution for everyone.
The answer to all your post-party woes, my friends, is Fitflop. For Londoners in particular, heels never seem to look as haute when you have a twenty minute walk ahead of you. Pack a pair of FF2 ballerinas in your handbag and you’re golden. Literally. The new design is all the same pressure-diffusing technology covered in a metallic, leather-lined case. All while being feather light. You’ll thank me later.
I don’t tend to pack very many ‘pretty things’ when heading off for business trips. While I would if I could, the care and attention needed for my ‘nicer’ items is rarely suitcase friendly.
I have, however, found compromise in Boden. Their dresses are gloriously retro, well made, statement making, and easy to pack – all in one. With less than 48 hours to get from wedding, to business meetings, to Halloween parties, and more, Boden became my saving grace.
What I Wore:
Checked blue dress – The Amy – from Boden
Vintage blue heels (dream version here)
Welcome to November, superbabes! Don your jumpers, fill your red Starbucks cups up, and please say hello to this month’s free Spotify playlist.
I’m not even going to feign the idea of a theme with this playlist. I’ve been travelling like crazy over the past month and simply found a new favourite song every day…
…well, at least on the days I could get Shake It Off out of my head.
(Need to catch up on last month’s? Click here for October’s free Spotify playlist.)
(Download Spotify here. It’s free!)
All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor
Fun by Troye Sivan
24 Karat Gold by Stevie Nicks
Good Morning Heartache by Jamie Cullum
Don’t Kill the Magic by Magic!
My Own Summer [Shove it] by Deftones
Romanticise by Chela
Okay by Holy Ghost
She Came to Give it to You by Usher and Nicki Minaj
Class Historian by BRONCHO
This is the Last Time by Stars
I’m Not The Only One by Sam Smith
Bang Bang by Jessie J, Ariana Grande, and Nicki Minaj
Land of Opportunity by A Great Big World
GET UP by Young Fathers
It has taken no time at all for London to don itself in its Christmas best, and therefore kick off the festive frenzy. Alongside the holiday cheer, music, food, et al, everyone’s got Christmas lists on the brain.
So, fellas: I’m here to help you first. While lingerie tends to be one of the most popular gifts given to women in relationships, I feel that there are two very important things to consider before buying a lovely lady some lingerie:
1. Does she want lingerie? Some women love it, some women don’t. If it’s not ‘on her list’ or not something she would typically invest in, lingerie may be more of a gift for you than it is for her.
2. What kind of lingerie do you buy? In my opinion, lingerie should be classy and luxurious – especially when it is a gift. For me, nothing beats the quality and style of Agent Provocateur, hence my very handy Christmas gift ideas guide, below.
Shop Agent Provocateur:
Agent Provocateur Petale Noir Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml
Idalia non-padded demi bra
‘Vanesa’ Underwire Demi Bra