I can’t help but adore the sex appeal that an almost entirely ‘covered up’ outfit can radiate when paired with killer heels and cat eye sunglasses. Want the kind of ‘hot teacher’ look that gets dads banned from attending parent teacher meetings? Pair bespoke stylish frames with vibrant and bold patterns from Todd Lynn and you have yourself a winner.
Understandably, the world has currently gone Gatsby mad. With all of our favourite actors and actresses parading international red carpets to celebrate Baz Luhrmann’s latest cinematic achievement, the fashion is getting as much attention as the film. For high-octane flapper style of your very own, get the look below…
Last week I was invited to Coast‘s flagship store on Oxford Street for a little dress-up session with a small and lovely group of fellow bloggers. In addition to a little make-up and hair refresher (they’re the ones to blame for this month’s Braid Takeover), Coast’s in-store personal stylist Marie pulled us all a selection of beautiful dresses before letting us run around the store to tag – or #hashtag – our favourite items.
While I would happily throw 90% of their stock into my wardrobe, the apple of my eye on the day was their Topaz dress, seen above. Unsurprisingly I was sold on the chunky crystal embellishments scattered around teardrop cut outs. Quintessential Lela. The heels – their Haniba shoes – were designed by Jean Michel Cazabat and come in real JMC style; all chic and strappy platformed goodness.
Want to get in on the action? Until the 18th, Coast have an online promotion which will get you 25% off any full price items – just use the code ‘Style25‘!
If Ryan Gosling alone wasn’t enough to get you to the theatres, let me spell Gangster Squad out for you; 1940s. Wit. Action. Style. Mobs. Off the book cops. Sean Penn. Josh Brolin. Nick Nolte. Emma Stone…
…in fact, I know Emma Stone’s wardrobe would be reason enough for many of you to get caught up in the film’s slick aesthetic. Playing Gangster Moll Grace Faraday, the redhead epitomised everything I adore about 1940s style.
To ‘Get The Look’…
How-To: Emma Stone’s Gangster Squad Style:
- Hair: Barely changing throughout the entire movie, Grace always has uniformed and glossy curls pinned back to one side. To get the look, I suggest gently combing through No Heat Sock Curls and getting a pretty hairpin to secure one side away from your face.
- Make-up: You want to keep the skin very soft and mattified (best example) and the rest of your make-up as simple as cat-eyed eyeliner and a show-stopping red lipstick (try NARS Jungle Red). Anything else would detract from her simple and classy beauty look.
- Fashion: Royal-toned and floor length gowns rule here. (Options: steal, save for, or splurge).
And hey, while you’re at it, why not take a second to enter to WIN one of 5 blu-ray copies of the Gangster Squad DVD (out May 27th)?! Thanks to the lovely folks at Warner Bros, you are in with an exclusive chance to get your hands on the jam-packed DVD.
To enter you must: Like Lela London on Facebook and follow Lela London on Twitter (receive an extra entry for following Lela London on Bloglovin’!) through the Rafflecopter widget below.
Competition ends May 28th, 2013.
Instagram (@lelalondon) – left to right, top to bottom:
1. There are some real diamonds in this world.
2. Crown braid. Princess dress. Photo shoot with Coast.
3. Lions and tigers and bears, oh my.
4. Florals with friends at Bulgari.
5. Boy in Boxpark. Margaritas in mouths.
6. Last night’s dinner (aka cardiac arrest nom nom nom)
7. My new column, Fash for Thought, has just launched at HungerTV.com. Ch-ch-check it!
8. 3 countries in 3 days. Pooped.
9. Crown braid, I set you free.
10. Food For Thought at HungerTV.com. Prepare your belly for Assiette Anglaise.
11. Sometimes I brush my hair. Today is not one of those days.