- Get ready to take a private tour of the Valentino archive on any device that connects to the internet! Serious talk. Valentino Garavani and Giancarlo Giammetti have just announced the launch of the “Valentino Garavani Virtual Museum“. The desktop application will showcase over 300 dresses from the designer’s archive, organised as if it were an actual museum, and integrated with sketches, editorials, as well as various means of press coverage. The app will be available here from December 5th.
- Looking for Pippa Middleton’s bridesmaid dress? This Alexander McQueen number is the closest you’re probably ever going to get. Same designer – Miss (Fabulous) Sarah Burton – with a few missing lace inserts.
- Paul Smith won the Outstanding Achievement Award at the British Fashion Awards, following in the footsteps of greats such as John Galliano, Vivienne Westwood, and Alexander McQueen.
- For Fall/Winter 2012, Stella McCartney will show a special collection for the London Fashion Week show calendar. As creative director of the 2012 Olympics, the (little) details shared so far have explained that the “one-off” show will be part of concerted promotional efforts relating to The Games. Back on home turf! Yes!
- 90-year-old fashion designer Iris Apfel is collaborating up with eyebobs to design a collection of midrange reading glasses, sun readers, and polarized sunglasses! The collection is set to be released in 2013, though a limited edition frame – the “Iris” – will be available in three different colours come Spring. A portion of proceeds will also be donated to vision loss charity Lighthouse International – SO GET BUYING!
- Heiress to the Missoni empire, Miss Margherita Missoni, has revealed she is engaged to be married to her racing driver boyfriend Eugenio Amos!
- Now that Versace x H&M is all sold out, those who slept those few extra minutes can rejoice! As soon as February, we will be able to get our hands on a brand new Spring/Summer 2012 collectionbetween the collaborative brands! Sneak peak below:
- Oh, here goes another £100…MAC have just released photos of their make-up collaboration with Daphne Guinness! The 21-piece collection will be available from December 26th through February 9th. The pigments will sell like hotcakes, I assure you.
“I was in the Beverly Hills Hotel, and let me tell you there’s always some mad project going on in my bedroom when I’m there. Ha! I had parchment papers spread all over the floor and all sorts of different powders and watercolors that I was mixing together. I was painting for so long on that floor. When the pieces were done, I packed them all in my suitcase to show MAC.”
– Daphne Guinness
“Franca Sozzani is a perfect choice to lead our mission as goodwill ambassador. Her professional career as well as her philanthropic efforts are truly an inspiration that will garner the support of fashion elite worldwide.”
– Evie Evangelou, co-founder of the World Fashion Development Programme and Fashion 4 Development
– Prada (you know, the epitome of Italian fashion brilliance) was looking to raise up to $2.6 billion through a Hong Kong IPO. Yet, when they launched the retail portion of the IPO on Sunday, they generated five times the expected demand. Duh. It’s Prada.
– NBC’s newest reality show, “Fashion Star“, just hired Jessica Simpson as the contestants’ mentor. She joins host Elle MacPherson on the singing, dancing, live, runwayed extravaganza that will eventually reward an aspiring designer with the money to launch their own brand. Fans will also be able to purchase the winning designs online as each episode airs.
– Last week, Kate Middleton stopped at Boots before a gala to buy some Nivea moisturiser. Expect to hunt like never before for your moisture now, Nivea users.
– Kate Moss‘ bachelorette party went down as follows: 30 of her closest friends (including Daphne Guinness and Jade Jagger), two oversized pink Hummers, 120 bottles of booze of rum alone, and a trip to listen to the Foo Fighters. My kind of girl.
– Bella Swan’s wedding dress confirmed! Kristen Stewart’s Twilight character will be getting married in a Carolina Herrera dress. No photos available as of yet.
– Stylist Lori Goldstein has just joined W’s new style director, Edward Enninful, as the glossy’s style editor at large. Killer team.
– Lily Allen announced she was pregnant – congrats! – and got married – double congrats! – on Friday. She wore the beautiful ‘Raphael’ Calais lace wedding dress by Delphine Manivet, and looked positively lovely.
This week, everyone and anyone in the media eye seemed to have congregated to one location:, the annual Met Costume Institute Gala (or “Met Gala“). This year, the Vogue-created ball celebrated the life and work of the late, great Alexander McQueen and ended up raising $10.8 million for the Costume Institute.
While thirteen McQueen gowns were worn, the best of the red carpet best are below: View Post