Harry Potter Fashion Spoiler

Bill Fleur Wedding Harry Potter
Harry Potter Spoilers ahead. I don’t wish to be internet beheaded.

For Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour‘s upcoming wedding in the Harry Potter series, I wasn’t expecting much fashion wise. Hogwarts seems to have a knack for keeping things awfully…British. That was until I saw the promotional image of Clemence Poesy (who plays Fleur) in her wedding dress. Hello, Alexander McQueen? Literally his design with some minor alterations.

The designer, Jany Temime, said “Fleur’s dress is made in organza and decorated with a pair of phoenixes that face one another on the bodice and form the silhouette of a heart. I chose the phoenix because, like love, it is eternal.” I can only imagine the type of controversy this will cause if she doesn’t start citing her inspiration. Alexander McQueen fans are a hardcore pack.

Spoiler photos below.
Bill Fleur Wedding Harry Potter
Bill Fleur Wedding Harry Potter

25 Comments

1. paris October 25, 2010 / 4:40 PM

that dress is sooo freaking awesome!

2. Hannah October 25, 2010 / 4:52 PM

Love :) Can’t wait!

3. Erik October 26, 2010 / 2:20 PM

I think she should just say that she was inspired by the McQueen dress, because it’s rather obvious that her “inspiration” came from that gown… !

4. Jason October 27, 2010 / 8:41 PM

Still a beautiful dress. I like how the pattern is hand woven. :)

5. anwa October 30, 2010 / 1:13 AM

I think that both dresses are beautiful, but… really, Timime should really give credit where credit is due. Otherwise it’s just a rude and obvious ripoff.

6. Alissa December 5, 2010 / 3:38 AM

The inspiration is just obvious. I hope she speaks up about it being a McQueen dress because I think adding the wizard twist to say its phoenixes rather than peacocks is quite cute but not crediting your sources is quite ugly indeed!
    All that said, I adore Fleur and Alexander McQueen dresses, so my future dream wedding will now most certainly include this gown.
    Thanks for the post! I’ve had trouble finding a clear photo of her gown!

7. Lela December 5, 2010 / 4:00 PM

Couldn’t have said it better, Alissa! :)